There are times that we find ourselves going out at night for fun or a special celebration. You could be going to a restaurant or nightclub to meet friends. Or, you could be meeting someone for the first time in a public place.
It’s so important to remember that even though you’re in a pubic place, you still need to be alert and vigilant about what’s going on around you. This is true for both women and men.
Here are some simple safety tips to remember as you venture out into the nightlife for fun and entertainment:
- Be sure to tell someone, friend, neighbor, or family member where you’re going.
- DO NOT accept drinks from someone if you didn’t see the drink being prepared.
- DO NOT leave your drink unattended for ANY period of time — EVER.
- DO NOT leave your purse or handbag unattended for ANY period of time.
- Carry a cell phone and always have enough money for a taxi ride home if necessary.
- If at all possible, arrange a buddy system with a friend to keep watch of one another.
- Know where all emergency and/or fire exits are in the building. Know your outside surroundings, such as streets, landmarks, etc.
- If you plan on drinking, ALWAYS have a designated driver or take a taxi.
- NEVER leave a bar or nightclub with a stranger.
- If you’re being a harassed or if something doesn’t seem right to you don’t hesitate to report it to a security guard, nightclub bouncer, or the police.
Have a great time!
Just take a few moments to remember these tips before you venture out for some fun nightlife and pass these tips on to friends, family, and coworkers.
* * *
Crime Watch Blog: www.emilystonecrimewatch.wordpress.com/
Book & Crime Talk: www.blogtalkradio.com/jennifer-chase/
Books: Compulsion = Dead Game = Silent Partner = Screenwriting